The rantings and musings on teaching by a Science Teacher. Tales from the trenches from someone balancing the second year of teaching, and a family!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Packing and Unpacking

Finally the school year is over, the kids all gone home and the lights off, doors closed, parking lot empty. The whirlwind of exam week went by in a flurry of nervous excitement and adolescent angst. Now I'm off for a summer in the land of the angst-free, or at the very least the teen-angst-free.
I felt fortunate this year to be one of the ones who are staying. There were too many teachers and staff I've worked with for the last few years who have fallen to the budget axe. It was a bittersweet day around school as many well liked people left the school.
On the plus side I didn't need to bring my whole teaching world home this year, in fact I could finally unpack and settle in a little bit. I have worked in the same department for 3 or 4 years now and have not really had a space of my own beyond a desk. I've always felt like a squatter in my own department.
Well no more. I dumped 10 full file cabinets of old handouts and stuff from a teacher who left this year and proceeded to fill it with my stuff.
Nothing left to do but clear out some posters and stuff and make my room 'my own' in the fall.
Fun stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home