The rantings and musings on teaching by a Science Teacher. Tales from the trenches from someone balancing the second year of teaching, and a family!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

THE OTHER DAY I MET A BEAR

The Blog begins.
Today the teaching went pretty well. That's 2 days in a row. Something I suppose I should be able to do now in year 2. Harder than it should be though. I'm lately both glad and annoyed that I have the opportunity to teach the same batch of students in both 9th and 10th grade.

The current group of 10th graders are a pretty unique bunch. They seem to be all friends, the whole 400 person class of them. The classes just don't clique up, they are all friends. It's not like they're bosom buddies, but each group of kids can talk to the others.
This is actually not quite true. There are 2 groups in one class that just don't get along, tis like oil and water. Jocks and Hippies. Not a good mix.

4 more weeks to the new term. It's going to be a beast of a term, all new faces no carry-overs.
But, it's only one prep, no mixing and matching so I can prepare one lesson each day, and let the students fall where they may. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home